Re: Backup files with NVDA

soloman s

Sir,
This is a great share indeed.
Could you please share the direct link to the utility for I have
trouble selecting the one suitable for the Windows version that I am
using. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On 10/6/20, Andrea Sherry <sherryan@wideband.net.au> wrote:
Hot stuff!!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Andrea from Australia

On 6/10/2020 12:22 am, Tony Ballou wrote:

howdy folks,

Sorry about the length of this post, but I think the information will
be helpful to most of you out here.

Most times using copying and pasting files through either this PC or
file explorer is the easiest way to backup files and for the most part
it works without a hitch.

However, There are those situations where sometimes files won’t copy
because for a reason totally unbeknownst to me you will get a
destination path too long message and you’ll have to reduce the file
name, even though windows allows you to copy files well beyond the old
8.3 format and extension conventions. There’s also the cannot read
from source disc error and the cannot write to disc error. Those
errors can mean that your hard drive may be in some trouble.

To avoid problems like these, you can download a free file copying
utility called unstoppable copier. It’s up to version 5.2, works on
all windows systems, and is totally accessible with NVDA. The copying
process is slower than using the basic copying and pasting methods
through this PC and file explorer, however, the advantage of using
this utility is that it not only copies the file, it also scans and
removes anything that would cause the file to become truncated or
corrupt. It also can Recover files from disks with physical damage.
Allows you to copy files from disks with problems such as bad sectors,
scratches or that just give errors when reading data. The program will
attempt to recover every readable piece of a file and put the pieces
together. Using this method most types of files can be made usable
even if some parts were not recoverable in the end. To get this
utility go to

http://www.roadkil.net/

I was able to completely repair and successfully reformat 2 external
hard drives using this program. Hope this helps some of you folks out
there and sorry about the length.

Tony