Re: NVDA volume louder on lock screen/secure screens

Quentin Christensen

Have you (in your regular NVDA profile) lowered the "volume" slider within NVDA's speech settings?  If you have changed that, you will need to go into General Settings and press the "Use the currently saved settings on the logon and other secure screens".  NVDA uses a special profile on the lock and other secure screens, so changes you make to your regular profile don't automatically get copied across.

Kind regards
Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 10:40 AM Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@...> wrote:

Hi,

The volume of NVDA speech is louder on the lock screen and other secure screens than when I’m in the normal desktop. To make sure the NVDA settings for the secure screens are the same as the normal settings, I’ve selected the option to use these settings on secure screens from the General settings section of NVDA, but the problem remains. I’ve also tried adjusting the Windows volume separately when in a secure screen but the issue just comes right back next time I’m in a secure screen. I only always use the same eSpeak synth and the synth volume is always set to 100%.  Has anyone experienced this and can anyone think of troubleshooting steps I haven’t yet tried? Thanks.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager