Re: Installation issues

Gene

It will work. If it wouldn't, there would have been an announcement on the list that Windows 7 is no longer supported and that it wouldn't work or might not work.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2020 12:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Installation issues

Hi, I’m not sure if the latest version of NVDA will work on windows seven. I don’t see why it wouldn’t. It probably will if you have the proper updates that windows seven has. The last time I used it. I was using NVDA version 19 01 but my 7 box bit the dust and I had to upgrade to win ten.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: October 5, 2020 7:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Installation issues

Hi,

Make sure you have Windows 7 service pack 1 installed on your system. I'm not sure how NVDA works on Windows 7 now, as I'm using Windows 10 myself.

On 10/6/2020 9:26 AM, Jim L wrote:

Hiya folks,

Have had an afternoon I’d rather forget trying to update NVDA to its latest version 2020.2

I tried updating within the program and also download the full installation file and both fail each time it tries to go to installing it.

I’ve also uninstalled it and tried it that way still no luck then I could not install an earlier version to I got hold of version 2016.3 then it installed and I could only go up to 2019 and then same issues happened again.

Is anyone else having this issue? Am running a windows 7, 64bit PC.

Regards,

Jim

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.