Re: Seeking explanation of unusual pronunciation on a webpage

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 09:51 AM, Pranav Lal wrote:
Is it because of the soft hyphens?
-
If by "soft hyphens" you mean splitting words across line ends with hyphens, I'd say yes.  I have no idea why someone would not use the far more typical flowing of whole words across lines.  Having the word "future" broken up as "fu" hyphen line break "ture" is but one example where I would expect problems.  And there are a lot of examples of this sort of hyphenation, and I've not seen it used since the age of the word processor began.  It was at least somewhat common when typewriters were the primary writing method, but not since.

     ~ Kelley Boorn