Re: messages aren't read out automatically in the mail app

Hi,

There is no dedicated add-on for Windows 10 Mail app, but support for it is included as part of Windows 10 App Essentials add-on.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 1:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] messages aren't read out automatically in the mail app

Hi rosemarie! Are you saying that there is an nvda add-on for the mail app. I had no idea that add on for nvda was here to make the Windows 10 mail app work better! Wow! Let me know if that is the case, and I will install the add-on immediately! David Moore

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020, 4:00 PM Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

Hi, David,

I just installed the new add-on for the mail app and that did the trick. Narrator does work well with the mail app but I’d prefer to use NVDA.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 12:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] messages aren't read out automatically in the mail app

Hi rosemarie! I cannot hear the email read out when I press enter either. I have to arrow down through the email, and read it line by line or word by word, just like you read an article. Nvda works best with the Windows 10 mail app. Only nvda works consistently. Jaws keeps reading the title of a message that I have already deleted. Narrator isn't too bad, but nvda works much better in the Windows 10 mail app as your screen reader. That is why I use all three screen readers, nvda, jaws, and narrator. Take care guys sitting on our balcony 65°, a little chilly. David

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020, 2:50 PM Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I’m trying the mail app. I was using thunderbird but it became sluggish so I decided to try the mail app again. I used to be able to hit enter on a message and it would be read out automatically. Has something changed? Now I have to go to the top of the message, hit insert down-arrow and I can read the message. How can I get messages to read out automatically in the mail app?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.