From: "kelby carlson" <kelbycarlson@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Word 2016

1) The files aren't opening in protected view; I changed that in the
options immediately.

2) i will have to check this one out; i'm not sure about it, but it's
happening for every older word file so I doubt that's the answer.

3) No, the files are definitely opening in Word; JAWS and NVDA both
indicate that. But I am not able to move around at all, either between
panes or in the window. While the Word file is open and in focus,
pressing any key does absolutely nothing.

On 8/29/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
Are these files definitely opening on word. I know the word file viewer
often set up as default in windows 10 is just a picture of the text so does

not actually work. Might be worth checking what file extensions are on the
old files and seeing which program is set to open them by default I found
this rather annoying step coming up all the time in Windows 10, instead of
it using word to open all formats it could, it was all over the place and
needed me to go in and change things for ages. Who thought this one up?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-