From: "Kevin Huber" <kevin.huber1@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 3:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Explorer crashes and nvda

Hi Brian:

I am running Windows 7 and I have noticed this phominon or something
like it when I open Internet Explorer. Sometimes, if I wait for long
enogh, Internet Explorer comes back, which suggests that what may be
happening is that Internet Explorer is taking a verry long time to
load. Sometimes, however, when I get tired of waiting, I just restart
NVDA and it seems to work fine after that.
Kevin Huber

On 8/27/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
I have noticed in Windows 7 and probably above that Explorer seems to just
stop working. When this happens nvda is totally silent, one supposes due to

there being no desktop or folders open. It does not even read the page about

sending error reports it seems, just shuts up in mid word.
My first question is. Is this an nvda issue or just Windows being windows.
I have noted on various sites that Explorer can crash if multiple folders
and software is all open at the same time, particularly if one of the Aero
schemes are selected for the display.
However, it would be nice if somehow nvda could actually alert one to this

sort of crash, which by pressing keys in a manic fashion I seemed to manage

to get out of but quite how is a bit of a mystery.
I do have a very long log of this, but I'll only post it or a link to it if

anyone is interested. I'm merely asking if the advice to use windows 7 basic

scheme will fix it and whether its best to close folders which are open but

no longer needed. I tend to set up all mchines to not open the folders in
the same window as it makes it easier to cut and paste files that way.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-