Re: web sites detecting a screen reader

Don H

OK I am a strong believer in using Google to find answers before I ask one here.  Giving me the term SR flag did not help much in resolving this issue.  I tried all kinds of searches using SR flag and got nothing.  Maybe you can be a little more helpful in hiding the screen reader from web pages.

On 10/10/2020 6:59 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

That magic term is “sr flag”.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2020 4:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] web sites detecting a screen reader

Don,

          I don't think you can stop the websites, but I could swear that it was recently discussed that you can put screen readers, and I think it was NVDA in particular, into "stealth mode" at startup so that whatever flag it is that the screen reader sets/waves to tell software looking for it that it's present is not set.  But I'll be darned if I can remember the magic search term to find that discussion.

     ~ Kelley Boorn