Re: Has any one done a factory reset on Windows 10 with NVDA?

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

What can happen is that say 2010 is on the system, on 10 it has a thing called get office which offers you the latest or 365 to try, you do this hate it and remove it then the problems start.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Has any one done a factory reset on Windows 10 with NVDA?

Installing it is not the problem. I've seen discussions that uninstalling Office causes problems.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 3:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Has any one done a factory reset on Windows 10 with NVDA?

Hi Gene

there was at least one restore point that we could go to and that was the one I chose. so it was picked and you go through the process to restore it. but for some reason it could not do it. There are no other restore points on the machine.

From what I go t told the copy of office 2010 was installed not taken off.

I as you have heard that sometimes a older version of office will do this i guess more maybe if unsupported. I could see if when it was installed it caused it but it should not as I have the same version here.

gene nz

On 29/08/2016 10:09 PM, Gene wrote:

You said that someone put a version of Word on the computer. Was it uninstalled at any time? I'm quite sure I've seen discussions on this list about uninstalling office causing accessibility problems.

As far as running a restore point is concerned, if office or Word was uninstalled, is there at least one restore point from a time before the uninstallation? If so, you could try running it and just leave Office on the machine.

Gene

--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.