locked Re: TOR Browser Accessibility with NVDA

Carlos Medrano

So I found my problem. I'm putting this here for people to use if they ever encounter a similar situation.
I'm running this instance of Windows 10 in a virtual machine, and I mapped the desktop to a virtual machine  shared folder that goes to the host. In other terms, I was trying to run my browser bundle from a mapped network drive, and it seems like Windows has a few restrictions on that kind of thing.
TL; DR: never run the TOR browser from a network drive. accessibility will break if you do so.
Thanks all of you for your ideas on solving this!
-Carlos

On 10/11/2020 2:42 PM, Chris via groups.io wrote:

Carlos, did a fresh clean install of tor 10 x64 and it is accessible straight out of the box

So I dont know what is going on with your install

Sent: 11 October 2020 19:54
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] TOR Browser Accessibility with NVDA

Chris, thanks. I renamed the old profile directory and let the bundled Firefox make a new one. It still isn't speaking the web content however.

If I may ask, when was the last time you reset your bundle's profile? I wonder if it's a new config setting you access through about:config that isn't being flipped on older installs. Would you be willing to rename your TOR bundle directory and install the latest build on the desktop to see if it behaves normally?

Thanks again for the help.

Carlos

On 10/11/2020 1:40 PM, Chris via groups.io wrote:

You could do it like that  or remove the profile that is being currently used

Sent: 11 October 2020 19:22
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] TOR Browser Accessibility with NVDA

G

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.