locked Re: TOR Browser Accessibility with NVDA

Ian Blackburn

Hi Linux can be used by totally blind people using Orca screen reader under gnome desktop. I have not been able to work out Linux though because there are no effective audio tutorials for Linux gnome desktop like ones for say JAWS for windows or ?NVDA training modules. The problem is the cognitive load for someone who has to work out how to use the operating system at the same time as learning how to use the screen reader. It is a bit of a chicken and egg thing. You can’t learn how to use the operating system without some basic knowledge of the screen reader.

A person needs step by step ways to manage files and look on the internet so they can read the help documents or play the podcasts they want to listen to in order to get more than the basics out of the computer. I did teach myself Mac OSX and although not an expert can use the Mac for various tasks.

Regards
Ian

On 12/10/2020 8:06 am, mk360 wrote:

What? If Linux exists? Microsoft Azure has many Linux systems, windows 10 has WSL to enshure Linux compatibility, Android is based in Linux, ant these are only a feu examples.

Ok, probably we never have Linux on the desktop, but many, too many systems are based in linux, If you connect to internet probably you are interacting with a Linux system.

Regards,,

mk.

El 11/10/2020 a las 19:16, Arlene escribió:

Hi Wolfwam, Does Linux still exist? I guess very few people use it?  I’ve never heard of it until a friend of a friend tried to install it on her old computer.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: October 11, 2020 3:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] TOR Browser Accessibility with NVDA

Hello,

i don't use tor browser in Windows, only in Linux. Maybe you can try to

use brave browser. It also contains a Tor browser.

Greetings,

Wolfram

Am 11.10.20 um 17:43 schrieb Carlos Medrano:

> Hello All,

> I am new here, so I apologize in advance if I am sending this to the

> wrong place.

> I am using Windows 10 2004 with NVDA 2020.2 and downloaded the latest

> stable version of the TOR browser at (https://www.torproject.org),

> which is based on Mozilla Firefox 78.3.0ESR.

> When navigating the part of the browser that normally has the web

> content, NVDA just says "unknown." Has anybody had a similar issue and

> been able to solve it? If not I will file a bug with the TOR Browser

> developers to look into it.

> Many thanks,

> Carlos

>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.