Re: NVDA losing focus

Quentin Christensen

I'm not sure about Waterfox, but the other thing for the OP to try is running NVDA with add-ons disabled - press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" and press ENTER.  See if that helps.  If it does, it is likely an add-on causing problems.  Try only enabling one at a time to work out which it is.

And yes, do please try the 2020.3 release candidate.  As Brian said, if no major issues are found with it, then it will be identical to 2020.3.  Whereas if we hear about a major issue the week after 2020.3 comes out, we'll either have to go through the beta / rc process for a .1 release, or wait until 2020.4.  Download from https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-3rc1/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 2:48 PM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

Well I wander if nvda latest rc works on the latest water fox 2020.09, I have been having a lot of webpage crash issues which have not happened on 08.

I am quite busy this week but the beta did crash with my amd system so who knows.

08 is fine for me but even so.

On 11/10/2020 4:21 pm, Brian Vogel wrote:
Given that the 2020.3 release candidate 1 NVDA is available, I'd suggest uninstalling your 2020.2 and then installing 2020.3rc1.  Barring any real surprises, the release candidate 1 will be transitioning to actual 2020.3.

It's been very stable on my machine, even during the betas.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager