Re: Beyond trust aka avecto: NVDA not reading prompts

Carlos Medrano

If the program spawns a window in the local system account, it's not enough to run as administrator in some cases. You literally need to start nvda with the system account as the owner of the process.

On 10/12/2020 12:35 PM, Jonathan COHN via groups.io wrote:
Are you using a portable copy of NVDA? I would expect this program needs to run as elevated privileges and that therefore the only way NVDA could access its controls is the same way NVDA accesses UAC and other applications with elevated privileges. This requires a version of NVDA that is fully installed on the computer.
HTH!
Jonathan

On Oct 12, 2020, at 10:15 AM, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone encountered a program called avecto now beyond trust?

https://www.beyondtrust.com/brand/avecto

My employer uses it for privilege management on our laptops. Whenever I need
to install a program or do anything involving administrative privileges, I
am prompted by avecto. NVDA does not speak anything in that dialogue. I have
memorized keystrokes to bypass the dialogue. Having said that, I do wish
there were a solution to this.

Pranav