I believe that the example URL you
included in your email,
is actually a URL that points to the RSS feed, and not to a
web browser-friendly version of the information contained in
that feed. I think that if you just remove the trailing
"rss" from this URL, you'll find a web page that is intended
to be read with a web browser (that URL would be
and will work as I believe you intend for it to work. If
this suggestion does what you wanted, then when you
encounter a web page that seems like you've run into a
similar issue, if those pages' URLs have either a trailing
"rss" or a trailing "feed", try removing them from the URL,
and then reading the page that the resulting URL points at.
Since this might help with future
troubleshooting, I'll mention that, on the shorter version
of the above URL example, I found a link called "Subscribe
to RSS feed". Links with that text typically point at RSS
feeds, so they're not likely to be readable as web pages.
Oh, and if
https://fictional.libsyn.com is a podcast site you
visit, then you probably already know this, but each podcast
title is a level 2 heading, and the only way I was able to
get the podcasts to play, using NVDA, was to use Shift+Enter
on the play buttons.
So the issue you described with NVDA
and certain web browsers, may be due to how certain browsers
behave when they try to recognize and process an RSS feed.
Hope this was helpful and neither too
technical nor not technical enough.
On Behalf Of Louise Pfau via groups.io
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2020 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer
mode conflict with NVDA
Hi. I didn't want to send a long list of
urls to the list. I've placed an example below my name. I
should note that Google Chrome creates the same xml error,
although it doesn't have Internet Explorer mode.