Re: Word 2016

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Kelby,

Here is a useful link that describes the “Block Files” system:

https://www.poremsky.com/office/cant-open-office-documents-file-block-settings/

I had exactly this problem a few months ago when I installed Office 2016 on my PC running Windows 10. I found the solution to do with the trust centre and with unblocking files in the properties of each file before opening them. This is different from “protection view” when the document is open. I did send a note earlier this week on this topic but I expect it was swamped by other responses.

Can you confirm that the files you are trying to open are blocked or unblocked in “Properties”?

All the best,

Cearbhall