From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 12:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] News – NV Access - NVDA 2020.3 Released #NVAccessNewsFeed

It's working great here too. I love the snappy response too.

On 10/13/2020 9:35 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

Just updated! Everything is so so much more responsive now! It responds to my typing faster than it used to in older versions before the update to Python 3!

I've only noticed one thing so far, and it's not necessarily a bad thing either, just something new to adjust to. The pauses after periods are shorter. Sentences feel closer together than they did before when reading. Again, this is something I could become accustomed to with time, and isn't necessarily a problem. I do like the snappy response time very much. :)

On 14/10/2020 1:13 am, nvda@nvda.groups.io Integration wrote:

NVDA 2020.3 Released

By NV Access

NV Access is pleased to announce that version 2020.3 of NVDA, the free screen reader for Microsoft Windows, is now available for download. We encourage all users to upgrade to this version.

NVDA 2020.3 includes several large improvements to stability and performance, particularly in Microsoft Office applications. There are new settings to toggle touchscreen support and graphics reporting. The existence of marked (highlighted) content can be reported in browsers, and there are new German braille tables.

Please note, after updating any software, it is a good idea to restart the computer. Restart by going to the Shutdown dialog, selecting “restart” and pressing ENTER. Updating software can change files which are in use. This can lead to instability and strange behaviour which is resolved by rebooting. This is the first thing to try if you do notice anything odd after updating.

While downloading NVDA, please consider becoming a monthly donor. Contributions like yours help NV Access continue our important work.

We also have a range of training material in the NV Access Shop to help you increase your skills with NVDA. Start with the popular Basic Training for NVDA in electronic text, audio and braille. Save with the NVDA Productivity Bundle. This includes Basic Training, all our Microsoft Office training, and telephone support.

Download NVDA 2020.3

To find out what’s new in this release, please visit What’s new in NVDA 2020.3

Close-up photograph of NVDA logo in notification area.