Re: NVDA not working with INSERT+F7

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 12:31 PM, Blaster wrote:
It may be that her function keys are in media mode.
Great catch!  On HP machines, at least, F6, F7, and F8 are all volume control media keys [Mute, Volume Down, and Volume Up, respectively].  The fact that a slider comes up makes me think that F7 is a volume media key and that it's showing where that key press has taken the volume.  I turned the media keys off on my machine, but if you use FN+ the given key it does what it would have in Media Key mode, and a slider always appears if I'm adjusting volume up or down.

     ~ Kelley Boorn