Hi Joseph,
I restarted the PC before trying it out. Any other reasons why it might not be working? Thanks again.

Luke

On Oct 16, 2020, at 11:31 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
You must restart NVDA for that change to take effect. This is because the thread responsible for facilitating communication between NVDA and UIA cannot be stopped unless you do it manually from Python Console, and the best way to achieve this is restarting NVDA.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Robinett
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 11:09 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2020.3: enable selective registration for UA automation events not having any impact in visual studio 2019

Edit: typo in the subject. “UA” should have been “UI.”

On Oct 16, 2020, at 11:06 AM, Luke Robinett via groups.io <blindgroupsluke=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,
I understand that the enable selective registration of UI automation events option was added to address a problem in visual studio where NVDA reads the entire line of code whenever navigating an IntelliSense menu, making the IntelliSense feature almost unusable. I just enabled this new option and launched visual studio 2019 but this same problematic behavior is still occurring. Are there any additional settings adjustments I need to make in NVDA or visual studio to get this working?

Thanks,
Luke