Windows 10, NVDA, Narrator and Braille

Pele West

Hi Everyone

I am using Windows 10 2004, NVDA 2020.3 and Narrator.

A few days ago I tried connecting my Braille Sense U2 QWERTY to the
laptop to use as a braille display in Narrator. I had to install BRLTTY
then it
worked straight away. I did not have to select a device.

Since then I have not been able to use the Braille Sense with NVDA. When
I select HIMS it just says "Error, Cannot Load Braille Display". I also
tried loading all the other displays, in case one worked.

As I had not done this for some time, I don't know if the problem is
with Windows 10 2004, NVDA 2020.3 or narrator and BRLTTy.

I tried uninstalling Accessibility Support from Settings, using
instructions I found on the web, but BRLTTY is still there when I try to
select a braille display in NVDA.

I have looked at the Narrator manual, but the instructions are the same
to uninstall BRLTTY.

As an experiment I tried connecting my Brailliant B64 display to the
laptop. It would not connect. This display is usually connected to my
Windows 7 machine, which works perfectly with NVDA. The Braille Sense
also works with the Windows 7 machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get NVDA connected
again? If possible I would still like to be able to connect Narrator,
but this is not essential.

Thanks

Pele West