Some will go with that deal and some just format, replace and out the door.
No shop or tech should keep a box for a week or more unless having supply issues.
I once had to wait a month for graphic cards. Gamers get real impatient for the boxes. So you always let the customer know all delays for Q/A and confirmations.

On 10/17/2020 9:26 AM, Gene wrote:
And repair places often update programs that shouldn't be updated because the new versions aren't accessible.  If a machine is taken into a repair place, perhaps an agreement, perhaps in writing, should be made that no changes, except those necessary to repair, including disinfect, a computer will be made without the approval of the owner.
I have no idea if repair places will accept such agreements but I pose the topic for discussion.
Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Leslie
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 10:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] my friend's problem is solved for now
One time I took my computer to Geek Squad and they messed one of my computers up royally too.  My computer went through two other parties before it was fixed.  That computer spent its entire life with me and I got another computer and some left over voices were loaded onto a brand new computer.  I just removed them recently.  Repair places can really mess up computers when they don’t understand screen reader software.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10