Re: NVDA + 1 under new tab page of Chrome

William Wong

Oh thanks.

I really do not know it should only work if the focus is on the document. I originally thought that it works if the current active window is a web browser.

Gene 於 17/10/2020 22:12 寫道:

If you are in the right place, browse mode should be on.  Make sure you are actually in the blank page.  Use f6 as probably the fastest way to get there.  I have my browsers open to a blank page and if I am in the right place, browse mode is active and the descriptions work as you describe.

If you open a blank new tab with control n, you are placed on the address bar, not in the actual page.
-----Original Message----- From: William Wong
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2020 5:37 AM
To: NVDA Mailing List
Subject: [nvda] NVDA + 1 under new tab page of Chrome

Hello,

Normally, when particular page is opened in Chrome, pressing nvda 1,
then press those navigational keys (e.g. k) will speak its respective
function in web navigation (e.g. link for k)

But I just found out that, if the current page is a blank new tab page
(e.g. a blank page after opening Chrome) pressing nvda 1, and press
those navigational keys will not speak its function, but just speak the
English letter.

I would like to know, is this a normal behavior?

Thanks,

William