Re: control+f - The General Purpose Find Command in Windows

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 09:27 AM, Gene wrote:
It doesn't exist in the user's guide because it is not intended to be used with NVDA.
-
It's not in the user's guide simply because it's not an NVDA command, period.  It is, as you've said, a given program's find/search command.  But I know of plenty of people who use CTRL+F with a screen reader depending on what it is that they're looking for.  If it's text (even click through link text) as opposed to a button, say, it can still be used effectively in certain contexts.

But I am definitely in agreement that the screen reader find is almost always preferable and will get you to certain things that a straight find will not.

     ~ Kelley Boorn