Re: my friend's problem is solved for now

Arlene

Rose, I don’t know about this. But in older versions of windows. You can do a scandisk fix and  what that did was fix anything that had become corrupt over time. You go to the control panel and find your c drive. You didn’t enter on it. You did alt enter. There, you check what you need scandisk fix your corrupt files and drives. Then you had to restart your computer and it took maybe an hour or depending on how big your computer hard drive is.  I’ve done this in xp and 7. In the present time  in my  case I’d have to go to This pc and there I find my c drive. I wonder if that’s the same way or is there something different in fixing your drives?  I hope this makes scence.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: October 19, 2020 9:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] my friend's problem is solved for now

Hi, Orlando,

You're absolutely right. I told her she needs to start learning to do

some of these things for herself. I can't be holding her hand 24/7 when

it comes to computers. Part of the problem is that when we blindies go

for computer training, we get very poor training. I taught myself pretty

much everything I know how to do because of tutorials andbeing on great

lists like this one. I'm glad I'm not a computer instructor because I

wouldn't tolerate a person saying things like "I don't know how to do

xxxx". There's no excuse for laziness. I tried to get my friend to join

different tech lists but she refuses to do so. I won't say anything more

because it may sound like I'm judging her.

Rosemarie