Re: windows feature update 20h2

Sky Mundell

That’s very strange that NVDA won't read the information

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Raha Tehrani
Sent: October 20, 2020 1:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows feature update 20h2

Hi.
I've just updated to the latest version. "20H2" I've just discovered a problem with the latest version of NVDA. as you do an alt+enter on This PC, you won't be able to see the same system properties you could previously see. instead, there will be settings which is not mainly supported by NVDA. you can't read the information shown via NVDA. as I switched to JAWS, it did much better. JAWS nearly read most information existed there. but NVDA kept quiet. object navigation didn't do the trick either.
Take care.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 03:25 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Right. At least that’s as far as users need to know. Internally, 20H2
features are in a dormant state.
-
Then it's a staging update, but not the true Feature Update. I have
gone through the staging updates in the past, but until and unless the
Windows 10 Version and Build numbers actually change, it's not a
Feature Update in any meaningful sense of the word.

~ Kelley Boorn