Re: windows feature update 20h2

Hmph, wander why that is.

Interestingly, there is the move to shove everything in settings.

Right now that means I can't access the classic system properties directly unless I try to search for something else like  system restore which still has it.

Wish there was a way to continue accessing the classic panels as well as the advanced ones as I like the interface and can get to things faster.

Wander if there will be some sort of classic control panel to access.

On 21/10/2020 3:49 pm, tim wrote:
Got the same on my I5 4th gen.
My I5 8th gen still running 20.04 and both have same build numbers

On 10/20/2020 3:24 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well interestingly the update has appeared on my 4th gen workstation which has to be at least5 years old now but not on my amd laptop.

And yet, it does appear bar java and the display drivers which are updated nothing should be stopping it.

On my workstation, the update took 5 minutes to load and all I did was change the alt tab behaviour so it opens everything normally excluding edge tabs in the alt tab list because I like it like that.

Nothing was changed, in fact the only thing that has changed is the 20h2 tag, even the build is the same.

Nothing seems to be effecting things so far and nothing major needed to be updated.

In fact bar a few app updates I hardly noticed the update curve.

On 21/10/2020 7:59 am, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
NO, it's a feature update - build 19042.572. To check if you've got Version 20H2, open Action Center and see if "tablet mode" is present on desktop systems - if it isn't, then you have 20H2 unless tablet mode is unpinned.
Cheers,
Joseph