Orca has many fewer developers than NVDA, but since they are both written in Python much code could be copied without great alterations.
They are both under the GPL (GNU General Public license).
John

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 09:38:45AM -0400, Andy B. wrote:
What ones?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Boyer
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 9:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Exporting NVDA features to Orca

Hello,

I hope the moderator will excuse this slightly off-topic message.
I want to improve the Orca screenreader for Linux by exporting NVDA features
to it. Some have already been exported. I wish to continue this work.
If you are also interested please contact me offlist at
John.boyer@abilitiessoft.org

Thanks,
John

--