Re: NVDA misbehaving after a Windows Update and NVDA Update

Quentin Christensen

I'm a bit confused about what exactly you've updated... 2018.3 sounds like an NVDA version (from 2018) moreso than a Windows version.  In any case, have you restarted your PC since you updated.

If you did update NVDA from 2018.3 to 2020.3, are you using any NVDA add-ons?  You should have been warned about any which are incompatible between these two versions, but I thought I'd check just in case.  If you press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart NVDA with add-ons disabled", you can restart NVDA and check whether it works better.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 7:24 PM r pardhasaradhi reddy <rpsreddy00@...> wrote:

Hello nvda community! I am facing an issue with NVDA screen reader software. Yesterday I update my Windows 10 version 2018.3 to 2020.
So when I updated my Windows nvda software does not work properly.
It doesn't speak some buttons example when I press the tab button start button cortana button show desktop button and some more buttons but nvda hasn't speak some buttons and dialogue boxes.
When I going to Chrome browser in every time nvda has not responded.
I have to reset the all nvda settings but my problem is not solved.
I already uninstall the software and reinstall it but no change.
Narrator and jaws both are working properly.
How can I solve my problem please help me. Thank you

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager