De : nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> De la part de Howard Traxler via groups.io
Envoyé : jeudi 22 octobre 2020 16:29
À : nvda@nvda.groups.io
Objet : Re: [nvda] Accessing cell content in Braille in Excel for Office 365

Someone please tell me about this checkbox.  To whom does it belong (JAWS, NVDA, windows, etc.) and where is it found?  I'd like to take a look.

Howard

On 10/22/2020 5:42 AM, Louis Maher wrote:

Folks,

Unchecking this box effects JAWS as well.

When the NVDA, or Microsoft, error is corrected, you can check this
box, and your Excel editing will go faster.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail ljmaher03@...

*De :*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> *De la part de*
Louis Maher via groups.io *Envoyé :* mardi 20 octobre 2020 17:38 *À :*
nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> *Objet :* Re: [nvda]
Accessing cell content in Braille in Excel for Office 365

Hello,

This problem comes up periodically.  You can try unchecking the box
which says “allow editing directly in cells”.  In Excel 365, do this:
Open an Excel spreadsheet.
Type alt + f. Up arrow to options, hit enter. Down arrow to advanced.
Tab until you find the box which says “allow editing directly in
cells. Uncheck that box. Shift + Tab until you reach OK. Hit enter.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail ljmaher03@... <mailto:ljmaher03@...>

*De :*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> *De la part de*
Aine Kelly Costello via groups.io *Envoyé :* mardi 20 octobre 2020
15:22 *À :* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> *Objet :*
Re: [nvda] Accessing cell content in Braille in Excel for Office 365

In Excel with pressing f2, I can view cell contents in Braille but not
use cursor to edit. I can use the Braille keyboard to edit but the
Braille doesn't update until I get out of that edit field With
QBraille XL and a recent NVDA alpha Think this has been the case for a
while

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 08:13 AM, Brian Moore wrote:

Hi.  this is strange. Not having this problem with a braille
display and a shared sheet shared through corporate one drive.
What display are you using?

Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore

follow me on twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123

<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.
twitter.com%2Fbmoore123&data=04%7C01%7C%7Ca444a07000f944f8255208d8766d
097e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637389557960464578%7
CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1
haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=r7SlRv51QnssRrXmpPpvWh4ppThc1sCep7FRm
tcmcUM%3D&reserved=0>

On 10/19/2020 11:12 AM, Sylvie Duchateau wrote:

Hello all,

Using Office 365 for companies for some months now, I have
encountered one problem accessing cell content in Braille.

When I want to edit a shared Excel file and write in a
particular cell, opening it with F2, NVDA does not refresh the
Braille display and I cannot correct typos with the braille
display, only with the speech synthesiser.

I use last NVDA 2020.3 version with Office 365 for businesses.

Is it a known problem of NVDA or should I rather contact
Microsoft?

Thank you for any experience some of you may have.

Best

Sylvie