Re: nvda and ham calls

Roger Stewart

I'll second this one!  I can't understand regular expressions but someone might be able to make an add on to do this.

KG9GP

Roger

On 10/22/2020 12:26 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Hello to all. For those that don't know, I'm an amateur radio operator, and in a week I'm due to run a net. Fine, except I struggle with reading ham calls. I know on the BNS there was a ham calls option where it would read those such as ke7zum. Is there such a thing for nvda? Or can an option be thought of, an add on that could be turned on and off at will to allow for such? I know this won't happen by the 27th when I'm due to control, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like this.

I'm using the ibm tts voices but espeak and david does this as well. I can't code or I would find a way to do this myself.

The thing that makes this harder is not all call signs are 2 by 3 like mine. Some are a 1 by 1, or a 1 by 2. I've even seen some 2 by 2 calls.

Thanks all.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.