Re: web sites detecting a screen reader

Well as a tester of websites myself, having tested a lot of sites, a lot of things can work out the box but bar banks and the like a lot of stuff can be accessible.

They shouldn't annoy.

The only time I have actually popped between so called accessible and non accessible sites is when the site in question does not display things in the right mode.

On 23/10/2020 6:55 am, Hope Williamson wrote:

I use a screen reader, and I still think they're annoying. Maybe that's just me, though. They get in the way.

On 10/22/2020 10:51 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 01:25 PM, Luke Robinett wrote:
you know when you hear those options at the top of a page to jump to navigation, jump to main content, etc.? Those options don’t appear for sighted users.
-
Yup.  Those of us (I'm sighted) who've never touched a screen reader never even know they're there.  These features are the Mr. Cellophane of web coding for the sighted (and for those who don't get the reference, go to YouTube and look up cellophane and Chicago).

There are all sorts of things done to improve accessibility that are intentionally hidden from view because they're useless (and would be darned annoying, actually)  unless you happen to be using a screen reader.

     ~ Kelley Boorn