From: Dave Grossoehme
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 5:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Settings Documentation

Good Day: What happens if there is a shorter line than normal in the middle of your text somewhere, or if the page has a horizontal line to divide the text? I think there is more to this than what the first idea came out to be. That's why you need to identifiy everything. That's why my programming instructors pointed out in more detail, than I can ever express.

Dave

On 10/20/2020 8:53 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 10:32 PM, Gene wrote:
I would compare it to Word Wrap in Notepad except that you define the number of characters before the wrap occurs.-
Gene, that is a good analogy. But what I want to know is what "reading command context(s)" this has an effect on. I'm imagining only line-by-line reading, but . . .

Having something under the setting such as, "If a document has a line longer than the number of characters you set, for line reading it will be split into multiple virtual lines of the maximum length you specify."

I also wonder if it's intelligent as far as splitting at word boundaries, not hard and fast character counts. Mid-word splits would make things potentially very ugly.

That setting, naked as it is, is not something that's intuitive, clearly, just based on this topic. And I'm not saying that you're arguing that it is, just restating the need for some context regarding settings where the effect of same is in no way immediately obvious to the uninitiated (and even the initiated, much later on).

~ Kelley Boorn