Re: nvda and ham calls

Sarah k Alawami

No, not at all. The net logger window is fairly simple to use, and i plan to set up an online net to test with. Just go into the split button in object nav and you can change a bunch of stuff there. I dunno when it will get tone as I have a lot on my plate but I either by myself or with my partner might do a podcast on net logger.

On 23 Oct 2020, at 9:08, Howard Traxler wrote:

Sorry to be off topic here, but:
Is there a tutorial or instructions for using netlogger with a screen reader?  Using NVDA here, I can't seem to read some stuff that I probably need to use the program.

Thanks.
Howard

On 10/22/2020 4:19 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Sara,

Does this net logger have an edit field for each item?  If so, then either try using screen review or object navigation. I used to use an old ham database program years ago and using NVDA, if you moved to the edit field and then switched to object navigation, highlighted the callsign and then used the 5 key you could usually get it to work. If not try using screen review--a bit clumsy, but it may also work.

On 10/22/2020 4:00 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I can't do that. I use an app called "netlogger." and using what ever that would be in laptop keys yields "blank blank blank" even though I typed in the stuff. So that won't work. You can find out more about netlogger here. <http://netlogger.org> and it's free so feel free to download and see what I mean.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. <http://www.tffppodcast.com>

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine. <http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where you will know when we go live on twitch. <http://twitch.tv/ke7zum> Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and my tffp lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@tffp> You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here <Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

On 22 Oct 2020, at 11:57, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Sara,

Using JAWS, there was a setting to 'spell alpha numeric
expressions.'  NVDA does  not have this option. What I do when
running nets is to highlight the callsign and then use the keypad
5 key to read the callsign and if I can't tell what the call is
initially, I double punch the 5 key to have the expression
spelled alpha numerically as in alpha alpha 2 victor Mike.

On 10/22/2020 1:26 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Hello to all. For those that don't know, I'm an amateur radio
operator, and in a week I'm due to run a net. Fine, except I
struggle with reading ham calls. I know on the BNS there was a
ham calls option where it would read those such as ke7zum. Is
there such a thing for nvda? Or can an option be thought of, an
add on that could be turned on and off at will to allow for
such? I know this won't happen by the 27th when I'm due to
control, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like this.

I'm using the ibm tts voices but espeak and david does this as
well. I can't code or I would find a way to do this myself.

The thing that makes this harder is not all call signs are 2 by
3 like mine. Some are a 1 by 1, or a 1 by 2. I've even seen some
2 by 2 calls.

Thanks all.

<http://www.tffppodcast.com>

<http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where you will
know when we go live on twitch. <http://twitch.tv/ke7zum> Feel
free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main
lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and my tffp lbry page
<http://lbry.tv/@tffp> You will also be able to buy some of my
products and eBooks there.

<Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>