Brailler.

Sure wish I could use my Alva 380 with NVDA

Howard, WA9RYF

On 10/23/2020 8:25 AM, Chris Smart wrote:

Many of us are not having the problems you describe with Netlogger. and using Notepad is about as simple as it gets.

If the computer is problematic, are you a competant Braille reader and writer?

On 2020-10-23 1:31 a.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Like I said, this program does not have edit fields per-say. Even in notepad I can't read the calls correctly, and remember I'm using 1 hand. I even tried all caps and that idea failed last Tuesday when I was logging for someone. Again, if you want more info go to their website. <http://netlogger.org>

I can try this Saturday when I practice logging for the Saturday morning digital net, that is, if I'm alert enough to practice. By the way you do have to be a ham to dl the software, so can the hams please help? I really don't want to find another piece of software as let's say my computer reboots, I can have someone take over while I get up and running, so long as they have the pw to log.

Blessings all, I'm off to bed. I have a 3 hour training to do tomorrow.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. <http://www.tffppodcast.com>

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine. <http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where you will know when we go live on twitch. <http://twitch.tv/ke7zum> Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and my tffp lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@tffp> You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here <Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

On 22 Oct 2020, at 21:50, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Sara,

Try one more thing and if it doesn't work, then find another
program. Once in a while, when all else fails, highlight the
whole edit field and then (laptop equivalent) press the read line
keystroke twice quickly. With desktop, that is insert + up arrow.

On 10/22/2020 9:41 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

It does not. You type in the sign and hit enter. If I need to
edit a call, good luck, as that part is hard to do so I'd better
get it right.

To read the calls, I up and down arrow but I cannot move left
and right to read the characters and hitting nvda left and right
yields blank blank blank. In fact object mode yields nothing at
least in the net logger window.

<http://www.tffppodcast.com>

<http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where you will
know when we go live on twitch. <http://twitch.tv/ke7zum> Feel
free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main
lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and my tffp lbry page
<http://lbry.tv/@tffp> You will also be able to buy some of my
products and eBooks there.

<Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

On 22 Oct 2020, at 14:19, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Sara,

Does this net logger have an edit field for each item?  If
so, then either try using screen review or object
navigation. I used to use an old ham database program years
ago and using NVDA, if you moved to the edit field and then
switched to object navigation, highlighted the callsign and
then used the 5 key you could usually get it to work. If not
try using screen review--a bit clumsy, but it may also work.

On 10/22/2020 4:00 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I can't do that. I use an app called "netlogger." and using
what ever that would be in laptop keys yields "blank blank
blank" even though I typed in the stuff. So that won't
work. You can find out more about netlogger here.
<http://netlogger.org> and it's free so feel free to
download and see what I mean.

website. <http://www.tffppodcast.com>

<http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where you
will know when we go live on twitch.
<http://twitch.tv/ke7zum> Feel free to give the channel a
follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my
main lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and my tffp lbry
page <http://lbry.tv/@tffp> You will also be able to buy
some of my products and eBooks there.

here <Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

On 22 Oct 2020, at 11:57, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Sara,

Using JAWS, there was a setting to 'spell alpha numeric
expressions.'  NVDA does not have this option. What I
do when running nets is to highlight the callsign and
then use the keypad 5 key to read the callsign and if I
can't tell what the call is initially, I double punch
the 5 key to have the expression spelled alpha
numerically as in alpha alpha 2 victor Mike.

On 10/22/2020 1:26 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Hello to all. For those that don't know, I'm an
amateur radio operator, and in a week I'm due to run a
net. Fine, except I struggle with reading ham calls. I
know on the BNS there was a ham calls option where it
would read those such as ke7zum. Is there such a thing
for nvda? Or can an option be thought of, an add on
that could be turned on and off at will to allow for
such? I know this won't happen by the 27th when I'm
due to control, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who
would like this.

I'm using the ibm tts voices but espeak and david does
this as well. I can't code or I would find a way to do
this myself.

The thing that makes this harder is not all call signs
are 2 by 3 like mine. Some are a 1 by 1, or a 1 by 2.
I've even seen some 2 by 2 calls.

Thanks all.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to
our website. <http://www.tffppodcast.com>

<http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where
you will know when we go live on twitch.
<http://twitch.tv/ke7zum> Feel free to give the
channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more
visit my main lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and
my tffp lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@tffp> You will also
be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the
podcast go here <Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"