Re: gmail with standart view with NVDA

jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Are the shortcut keys listed in the link supposed to work the same for the inbox.google.com version of the interface? Only asking as it seems to navigate quite a bit differently than the help documentation says it should.

One area I'm finding to be quite problematic is finding the area that contains the different folders within your google account, inbox, starred, sent mail, etc. As per the documentation, it seems that you should be able to move to this area using the tab and shift+tab keys, but this doesn't seem to work for me in the slightest. I am able to move to a list of conversations, messages that appear to be in my inbox, but using the up and down arrows here do not appear to do anything. If I, however, use the right and left arrows, I can move from conversation to conversation, of which a few things are read to me, weather the conversation is read, the subject, number of responses in that conversation and a tiny snippet of the message.

Using tab if you're on one of these conversations then takes you to some buttons, delete, etc, while sometimes, using shift+tab, rather than taking you to a previous button in that list of buttons or taking you back to the conversation you were on, jumps you to a previous conversation, just as if you'd used the left arrow.

It may be that I've yet to change some needed setting to make things display correctly with NVDA, but as I see it so far, it seems to be roughly the same confusing interface that's used in other parts of google's interface, one for google voice, etc. I'd love to be corrected and have made sure to stay in focus mode when trying this stuff out, but as with the other parts of google, it seems that using browse mode sometimes actually shows you more information and is easier to navigate.

Thank you for any tips/ideas.

Tc.

On 8/31/2016 6:24 AM, mohammad suliman wrote:
if you have the option to use
inbox.google.com
I recommend it. It is simpler, more productive and considered the next generation tool for managing your e-mail.
and, as the standard view of gmail, it supports ARIA, so, you can use it as you use the desktop mail client: navigating the interface with tab / shift + tab, and many other shortcuts are available.

the link for gmail help for screen reader users:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/90559?hl=en
it includes info on how to get to this page from within the main gmail interface.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 at 12:12 Afik Sofir <afik.sofir@...> wrote:
Hi oyvind,

Can you please send a link to this?

בברכה,

אפיק סופיר
מדריך לתוכנות קוראות מסך ומכשירי חברת apple
עמותת פעול"ה –פותחים עיניים ולב לצרכי העיוורים

טלפון:
08-8603311
דף הפייסבוק שלנו