Re: NVDA Addon PDF2Text and python 3

Daniel Damacena

How do I use it? I have installed it already, but I did not understand how to use the OCR function.

Thank you so much!

Em 26/10/2020 16:19, Brian Vogel escreveu:

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 02:49 PM, Daniel Damacena wrote:
As far as I know, it's not able to execute OCR. It converts directly.
-
The only way an image PDF, where the image contains text, gets converted to a text-base (or, more likely, image with separate text layer) PDF is via OCR.

I've loved the OCR function of Tracker Software's PDF XChange Viewer for years.  The software is free, and it supports a slew of other languages besides English.  Sadly, it's not accessible for its main function of reading/viewing PDF files, but the OCR process is accessible.  A couple of my clients who were graduate students found its capabilities as far as OCR goes extraordinary, as do I.  I know that OCR has improved radically over the course of the last several decades, but so far it's the most accurate I've found on some pretty crappy source image PDFs.

I need to look into whether there is a command line invocation for the OCR function that would allow output to be redirected conveniently for PDF XChange Viewer.  I never bothered to look into that.

     ~ Kelley Boorn