Excel Column and row headings not recognized by JAWS

Gerry Chevalier <gerry.chevalier@...>

I have used NVDA 2020.3 to set Excel row/column headers using NVDA+Shift+R and NVDA+Shift+C shortcuts. The headings are announced while using NVDA but if the same Excel document is read with JAWS, then JAWS does not announce the column and row headings. If I used Define Name in Excel to set row and title headings according to the JAWS convention, those headings are recognized by NVDA but not the other way around even though the NVDA user guide says JAWS should recognize them.

Is it an NVDA bug or am I missing something?

Thanks, Gerry