Re: Excel Column and row headings not recognized by JAWS

Gerry Chevalier <gerry.chevalier@...>

Yes, I get it. I need to use the JAWS method for Excel Define Name labels as Alan explains in his tutorial. the NVDA shortcut keys do not create JAWS compatible Define Name labels even though the manual indicates so.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 8:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Excel Column and row headings not recognized by JAWS

Gerry,

            All I can tell you is that if you set this up, in Excel, it works in any screen reader, regardless of what screen reader you're using to work with Excel.  But the actual manipulation of row/column titles must occur in Excel so that it "goes with" no matter what screen reader the spreadsheet may be handed to.

            Read the tutorial.

     ~ Kelley Boorn