Re: Excel Column and row headings not recognized by JAWS

Gerry Chevalier <gerry.chevalier@...>

Have done just that. The Define Name lables created by NVDA are not the same format as those used by JAWS. I'm just suggesting NVDA should fix them or remove the comment in the manual about JAWS compatibility.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Spivey
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 8:21 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Excel Column and row headings not recognized by JAWS

The way to test this is to create a new blank spreadsheet, add some columns, define the headers with the NVDA commands and see if they show up as name ranges.
If they don't, then that's a problem with how NVDA sets them up.

On 10/26/2020 7:15 PM, Gerry Chevalier wrote:
I appreciate the link to Alan’s tutorial but I know how to set the
Define Name Excel labels for rows and columns according to JAWS which
Alan refers to as option 1. That’s not the issue. My question is if I
set row and column headings with NVDA those headings are not
recognized with JAWS but the NVDA user guide says they should be.

Thanks, Gerry