Re: Two NVDA Questions

Vaibhav Saraf

Hi Sam,

Thanks for that info. Recently I was getting confused between *v* and *b* announcement. Pressing the combination twice helped me in the case.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 at 15:48, Sam Taylor via groups.io <samtaylor9=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

I can answer your second question.

Pressing NVDA + dot, or numpad 2 if using desktop layout, reports the character of the current navigator object.Pressing the key combination 3 times will give you the ascii and hexidecimal value.

On 27/10/2020 7:55 pm, Pele West wrote:

Hi Everyone

I have two separate NVDA questions, so apologise for the less than
helpful subject line.

1. Is there a way of getting NVDA to redraw the screen, or rather to get
it to check the screen again? This was possible in Window-Eyes (which I
know I should not mention), but I am using it so people know what I am
trying to do.

2. Is there a way to get NVDA to display the value of the character
under the cursor? In days gone by they were ASCII values, but I suspect
they will be UTF8 now?

Thanks

Pele West