Re: NVDA Addon PDF2Text and python 3

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 03:27 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:
I didn't realize they were called "click through" links.
-
Louise,

            Thanks.  The term "click through" link is mine, as the technical term, hypertext, is so seldom used and not understood by many.

             When the text itself has the link there to "click through" to see what it refers to, that's what I call them.  Perhaps I should begin using the formal term instead.

              I know that when I've been working with clients who want to actually "read an article" (or whatever) that contains hypertext they'll often disable whatever setting it is in their screen reader that announces, "Link," along with the hypertext itself since that makes narrative flow so disjointed.  I'd imagine that some may keep this off all the time and either turn it on "on demand" or bring up the list of links after having read the actual text if they suspect hypertext was present in a message/article/etc.

     ~ Kelley Boorn