Re: NVDA integration in video games

Luke Robinett

Is there a practical reason for so heavily policing the types of questions people ask here or is it more of a control thing? I mean, dude’s question was NVDA related. Why be such a cop about it?

On Oct 28, 2020, at 6:52 PM, Sascha Cowley via groups.io <sascha.camille@...> wrote:

First, this topic does not belong on the main list; it should be on the chat or development sublists.
Second, the NVDA controler client is a programmatic way of developers integrating their software with NVDA. For example, it allows them to send speech or Braille to NVDA to be output. As for weather we can "integrate the NVDA to any software or game", that depends what you mean. There is no technical reason why any proficient developer would be unable to so integrate their Windows program with NVDA. At the end-user side, the answer is not really: integration of this type requires modification of the program itself, while integration via scripting requires some sort of events that NVDA can hook into, which many programs simply do not provide.