Re: A web dialog that isn't automatically read by NVDA

Luke Robinett

I run into this nearly all of the time with Web dialogs in chrome. It would probably be easier to give the developers an example of a time when it actually worked correctly, LOL.

On Oct 29, 2020, at 9:50 AM, Devin Prater <r.d.t.prater@...> wrote:

Hi all. I can't give the specific page, and can't find the HTML or JavaScript source for this dialog, but I've found a dialog on the web that is not read automatically by NVDA. This problem is in Google Chrome, but is not with Firefox. The text of the dialog is not read by NVDA, but the OK button is, and the OK and cancel buttons can be navigated to. The text can be reached with Object Navigation.
However, the text of the dialog is read automatically by Narrator in Google Chrome. It is not read automatically by JAWS, though. Any ideas on what's causing this, or any ways to fix? Or am I missing some Google Chrome addon or something?
Devin Prater
sent from Gmail.