Re: NVDA integration in video games

Andy B.

I heard that screen recognition wasn’t that great. If NVDA took this route, maybe things would work a little better, but there are also many people out there with computers not able to handle such a thing. If this new voiceover feature isn’t available on an iPhone 8+ because it is too weak, I don’t want to know what it would take on a laptop or computer. In any case, talking flight monitor does implement NVDA controller, etc into it’s code base. Check it out at www.talkingflightmonitor.net. I am one of the devs.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 12:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA integration in video games

if NVDA had real time recognition like voiceover does on iOS 14, then we would have access to a lot more applications including video games. Voiceover uses a Neural Engine and artificial intelligence to do screen recognition, image recognition and description, and real time live OCR and it also recognizes controls based on pixels on the screen and matrices. Making many applications including video games very accessible and applications which did not used to be accessible or now suddenly accessible with voiceover artificial intelligent Neural Engine recognition. it would be excellent if NVDA could implement this feature very soon. I believe that it directly access of the GPU, and based on pixels on the screen and live screen or some kind of image scanning, it recognizes various inaccessible controls directly even if they are just drawing on the screen with pixels, then it turns those controls into accessible controls that voiceover can interpret. If anybody I could do this it would be excellent.