Re: NVDA Remote

A.Mac

tankyou

On 30/10/2020 08:35, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

No, you cannot swap files with NVDA remote but there is a way of passing the contents of small text files to/from a remotely connected computer via the push clipboard feature of the Remote add-on.

Cheers

Chris

From: A.Mac via groups.io
Sent: 30 October 2020 07:28
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Remote

in n v d a remote can you swapp files?

On 29/10/2020 16:29, Sky Mundell wrote:

Hello Ryan. I have used NVDA Remote with a few clients of mine in the past and it works well for them and I. What I have the clients do is to go into the NVDA remote sub menu, and choose the connect option. Then, I have the clients choose allow this machine to be controled, which is the second radio button. Then you put in the hostname  put in the hostname, which  is

Then, I generate the key, and I give the key to the client, and away we go.

By the way, you can also create your own key by just thinking of a word, and putting the word in the key box and then telling the clients what the word is.

Thanks, Sky.

On Oct 29, 2020, at 9:08 AM, Ryan Fleury <ryan@...> wrote:

Hello last week I used the e-mail link on this pagehttps://nvdaremote.com/

To ask about an issue I am having with NVDA remote and I still haven’t heard back from anyone so not very happy.

I was trying to use nvda remote to connect to another NVDA user’s computer but when I tried to generate a key nothing happened so if anyone can advise me on how the nvda remote works to connect to another nvda user I would appreciate it.

Thanks Ryan

Ryan Fleury

Blindness Products Sales and Support

Canadian Assistive Technologies