locked Re: NVDA marking messages as read in third-party E-mail applications

Gene

Evidently you are saying that if you reply to a message using the GMail web interface, all mail is marked as read in Windows Live Mail. I don't know why that would be but why do you reply using the web interface? If you explain that, we may be able to tell you how to do what you want in the e-mail program so you won't have the problem.

From: Louise Pfau
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2020 6:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA marking messages as read in third-party E-mail applications

Hi. I'll try to clarify what I'm asking. I think there is a conflict between JAWS 16 and the newer browsers that causes the browser to crash. This happens occasionally as well with NVDA 2020.3, but not as frequently, so I prefer to use NVDA for browsing the internet. When I navigate back to the list of messages in Windows Live Mail after composing a reply through the web interface, that's when the messages are all marked as read. I turned the preview pain off. As I indicated in my original post, I know that Windows Live Mail is no longer supported, but I want to know if other people are having the same issue with different third-party applications. If it's happening with other applications, then I'll fill out a bug report.

Thanks,

Louise