locked Re: NVDA marking messages as read in third-party E-mail applications

Gene

I can post using GMail and Windows Live Mail. Not being supported has nothing to do with whether a program will still work.

Are you saying that you can receive mail but when you reply, it doesn't reach the group or isn't sent?

I see no connection between sending a message using the web interface and whether messages are shown as read in the e-mail program. They are completely different. I'm not saying what you are reporting isn't happening, but I see no explanation for how it could.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2020 7:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA marking messages as read in third-party E-mail applications

Hi. In this instance, I'm referring to the groups.io web interface, but I'm also subscribed to some groups on Google Groups, so I've used that interface as well. I haven't been able to post messages to any of my groups via E-mail since my service provider migrated their service over to Google. That might have something to do with the fact that Windows Live Mail is no longer supported though, nothing to do with NVDA or JAWS. The groups.io and Google web interfaces work well.

Thanks,

Louise

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.