Re: Having Nvda not speak at the log on screen

Michael Massey

Brian.  I was close, but no cigar as som4e folks say.  The tip you provided worked indeed.  Now if I can get the start up sound re-enabled and not having to use the sign in button to log on, I’ll be farther along, smile.  Thanks.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, November 1, 2020 9:27 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Having Nvda not speak at the log on screen

Michael,

            It's in the NVDA Settings, Preferences, Settings Item, General Pane (which is the one that opens by default).  There are two checkboxes regarding how NVDA behaves at system startup, and I believe the one you're looking to uncheck is the second:

1. Start NVDA after I sign in.
2. Use NVDA during sign-in (requires administrator privileges)

     ~ Kelley Boorn