Re: NVDA performance in remote or virtual environments

Adriani Botez

Sorry I was not clear enough. The dedicated ram for the vm is 8 gb

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 04.11.2020 um 23:40 schrieb Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com>:

´╗┐To be honest, if you only have 8gb ram, that may be your issue.

You really need another 8 to work right.

Put 4gb to the ram or 3gb to your vm, and unload anything you don't need and try.

I wouldn't try unless you had more ram.

The cores will be fine, 2 cores to the vm should be plenty.

What you may want to do if you can on the vm is to see if you can get a 32 bit version or even reformat and install a 32 bit os on the laptop then you can dedicate about 3gb to the os and 5 to the vm or have a 32 bit vm and not a 64 bit vm.

You really need another 8gb at least.

On 5/11/2020 10:41 am, Adriani Botez wrote:
Thank you for the hints. Well, the laptop I am using for my work has definitely not 8 cores, it has only 4 and about 8 gb of ram. However, maybe there is some way to at least minimize the latency on the VM.

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----