Re: Onelook.com - Interaction with NVDA unlike anything I've ever experienced - Is there a logical explanation

Luke Davis

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020, Brian Vogel wrote:

Gene,         I was using Brave, but have the same issue in Chrome.  I will check this again after restarting my system, just to make sure it's not
something that is mysteriously cured via that method
Had you tried restarting NVDA before restarting your system?

This sounds very like the weird problem wherein NVDA suddenly starts passing all keystrokes through to the application, and ignoring its own modifiers, overlays, etc. For example, insert+q would not quit NVDA in that case, you would either have to use the desktop shortcut, run dialog, or running application icon to restart NVDA.

Restarting NVDA in such a situation will solve it, restarting the machine wouldn't have been necessary if that's what was going on.

I thought there was an issue for this, but I can't find it.

Luke

--
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.