NVDA not announcing graphics or links

David Thorne

Working on accessibility features on website and using NVDA to check the results of my efforts.

Can anyone explain why my firefox browser does not announce “graphic” or something like that when hovering over an image containing alt text that is also a link?  It does read out the alt text.  Also, there is no announcement of a “Link” when hovering over a text link – just reads the text so user would not know it is a link.

Also, when hovering over either an image or text that is a link, the destination URL is read out in full.  Does that always occur?  Seems redundant if the alt text of the image link or the text of the text link already says that it is a link and where the link is going.

Thanks,

Dave Thorne